Powermatic PM2020 Short Bed Lathe, 2HP 1 or 3 PH, 230V
PowermaticSKU: M656679 1792020
- M656679 1792020
- Ships direct from manufacturer. Lead times may vary.
- lead, cadmium
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Due to special pricing available exclusively to our school customers, this item is not available for purchase to our non-school customers at the price listed. Every effort will be made to sell this item at the lowest available price to our non-school customers. Please call us at (800) 831-5904 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The features you love on the 3520B lathe are now available in a smaller footprint. The PM2020 lathe is perfect for turners short on space, or projects where a short bed is convenient. Like its big brother, the PM2020 features a sliding headstock, electronic variable speed with low and high speed ranges, and the spindle lock. The enhanced features include a digital RPM readout, built in spindle indexing on the head stock, and a re-designed tailstock with internal storage, chrome trimmed handwheels, and a laser etched quill which is self-ejecting. Additional features include a two position mount for the optional bed extension, a sliding hammer knockout rod with brass tip, an attached tool caddy and a metal shelf for tool storage.
- Sliding headstock with electronic variable speed and digital RPM readout for accurate speed adjustments
- Spindle lock and built in spindle indexing on the headstock for drilling hole patterns, routing flutes, and other equally spaced features
- Set of dead centers which hold a spindle for visual comparison
- Redesigned tool rest geometry allows for better chisel movement along the tool rest
- Laser etched quill is self-ejecting.
- Brass tipped knockout bar concentrates the action in the sliding handle; the brass tip will not damage drive centers
- Attached tool caddy allows convenient access to centers, wrenches, etc.
- Tailstock has internal storage for additional accessories
- Chrome trimmed handwheels are ergonomic for a comfortable feel
- Standard Equipment:
- 2HP TEFC Motor
- Safety shield
- 3" face plate and face plate wrench
- 14" tool rest
- Multiple ball-bearing live center
- Brass tipped knockout rod
- Mfr.'s 5-year warranty
Swing Over Bed: 20"
Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 17"
Distance Between Centers: 20"
Headstock Movement: Full Length of Bed
Spindle Bore: 5/8"
Tailstock Bore: 3/8"
Spindle Taper: MT-2
Quill Taper: MT-2
Ram Travel Quill Travel: 4-1/2"
Spindle Threads: 1-1/4" x 8
Outboard External Threads: 1-3/16"-18 UNC
Spindle Speeds: Low 50-1,200 / High 125-3,200
Speed Range: 50-3,200
Number of Indexing Positions: 48
Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44" (adjustable)
Outboard Turning: 88
Bed Construction: Cast Iron
Motor Power (HP): 2
Motor Phase: 3
Motor Voltage: 230 Only
Prewired Voltage: 230 Only
Wiring Remarks: VFD will accept 1 or 3 phase power
Motor Current (Amps): 6.2
Recommended Circuit Size (Amps.): 20
Overall size: 62-1/4"L x 24"W x 49-1/2"H
Weight: 559 lbs.
Includes legs, 3" faceplate, spur center, live center, 14" toolrest, guard and knockout rod.
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, cadmium which is [are] known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.