Due to special pricing available exclusively to our school customers, this item is not available for purchase to our non-school customers at the price listed.
Every effort will be made to sell this item at the lowest available price to our non-school customers. Please call us at (800) 831-5904 or email us at email@example.com
The Powermatic® 3520C is the fourth evolution of the time honored lathe with many new and improved features. The 3520C has retained all the features of the prior models such as the sliding headstock, electronic variable speed with low and high speed ranges, the spindle lock, digital RPM readout, and a laser etched quill that is self-ejecting. The enhanced features include a movable control box for maximum versatility, adjustable riser blocks for 6" or more of height adjustment, and an increased weight of 726 lbs. Additional features include a new ergonomic spindle lock design, a digital indexing readout, an Anti-rotation tailstock key for smoother operation, a set of dead centers which hold a spindle for visual comparison, a two position mount for the optional bed extension, and a sliding hammer knockout rod with brass tip.
- Moveable control box for customizable versatility
- Main power disconnect switch located on rear of headstock
- Self-locating ergonomic spindle lock design for easy, one handed operation
- Upgraded banjo features a non-marring, pinch style clamp for solid tool rest placement
- Extended spindle nose increased access to the work piece
- Adjustable Risers Blocks for 6" of height adjustment allowing maximum comfort when turning
- Tailstock incorporates Anti-rotation key and Acme threads for smoother operation and increased longevity
- Digital Indexing Readout simplifies the indexing process for added precision
- Fully enclosed VFD for increased user protection
- Able to maintain speeds as low as 15 RPM
- Increased weight to 726 lbs. for the most stable turning experience possible
- Increased working capacity to a full 35" between centers
- Optional safety shield (sold separately)
- CSA Certified
- Mfr.'s 5-year warranty
Swing Over Bed: 20"
Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 15-3/4"
Distance Between Centers: 36" with dual bearing center
Headstock Movement: Full Length of Bed
Spindle Bore: 5/8"
Tailstock Bore: 3/8"
Spindle Taper: MT-2
Quill Taper: MT-2
Ram Travel Quill Travel: 4-1/2"
Spindle Threads: 1-1/4" x 8
Outboard External Threads: 1-3/16"-18UNC
Spindle Speeds: Low 15-1,200 / High 40-3,200
Speed Range: 15-3,200
Number of Indexing Positions: 48
Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 40-5/8" without Risers
Outboard Turning: Yes
Bed Construction: Cast Iron
Motor Power (HP): 2
Motor Phase: 3
Motor Voltage: 230 Only
Prewired Voltage: 230 Only
Wiring Remarks: Single Phase ONLY
Motor Current (Amps): 6.2
Recommended Circuit Size (Amps.): 20
Overall size: 81"L x 36-1/2"W x 47"H
Weight: 726 lbs.
Includes legs, riser blocks, 3" faceplate, spur center, ball-bearing live center, drive center, 14" toolrest, spindle lock and knockout rod.