PodPi Adventures Kit combines the first four PodPi modules (M0 through M3) for many hours of learning. Each kit includes an Arduino board, USB cable, prototype shield with mini breadboard, a set of wires, LED, 10mm large RGB LEDs, resistors, buttons, potentiometer, sensors, servo motor, large breadboard and an 8x8 LED matrix. Each kit comes with 8 PodPi comic books (2 for each module). Each comic book provides 3-6 hours of lessons including experiments. Best suited for 4th-8th grades.
Module M0 - Getting Started with Arduino
Module M0 Goals:
- To introduce the students to story lead lessons rather than step-by-step
- First Aha! moment when controlling an LED on lesson 1
- Remove the fear of trying something new
- Understanding the relationship between hardware and software interactions
Module M1 - To the Island
Continue the adventures with Captain Arghuino on his ship and learn how to use a potentiometer, a light sensor, a temperature sensor and a servo motor. At the end of the lessons, we challenge you to make a runway for Servo to take off.
Module M1 Goals:
- Introducing simple experiments to ignite curiosity
- Provide an overview of basic sensors and components used throughout PodPi
- Control inputs and outputs through examples
Module M2 - Fireworks
It's time to celebrate your arrival on the island! Learn how LEDs and RGB LEDs work. Learn the reason behind using resistors with your LEDs. Solve the four challenges with the Pods to light up the fireworks at night. Content: LEDs, RGB LEDs, buttons, wires, mini solderless breadboard, potentiometer and temperature sensor.
M2 Module Goals:
- Provide a solid understanding of components setup
- Boost confidence with hands-on circuit building
- Pattern recognition and learning to research solutions in previous books
- Failure is part of the learning experience. The challenges can be hard to solve and will not work right away. Parents and educators should encourage the students to persevere.
Module M3 - Juggle with Matrix
Juggle with Matrix and her 64 LEDs. This kit ships with a 64 LED Matrix, wires and the 32 pages PodPi Volume 3. Learn how the I2C protocol works and make an electronic flipbook to impress your parents and friends. Contents: A 8x8 LEDs matrix with I2C interface, a set of wires and the Matrix sew-on badge.
M3 Module Goals:
- Fun. This book is about making something fun and exciting
- Patterns. Develop patterns and transcribe them into code
- Creativity. Make an animated electronic flip-book
- Basic understanding of communication protocols
Kit: 1 Kit for 2 students.
Includes Arduino board, USB cable, prototype shield with mini breadboard, a set of wires, LEDs (and RGB), resistors, buttons, potentiometer, sensors, a servo motor, 8 PodPi comic books, 400 ties breadboard, new cables, additional resistors and LED, 10mm large RGB LEDs, buttons, sensors, 8x8 LED matrix and plastic case.