TeacherGeek Mousetrap Vehicle Activity, 10 KitsSKU: M892009 1822-93
- M892009 1822-93
- Product Type:
- Activity Kits
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Ever think a mousetrap could power a car? Well, that's exactly what you'll be building here, using TeacherGeek components!
Start by building the base, then add the mousetrap's power and off it goes! Experiment with the included gears and other unique build components to allow the racer to go farther, faster or pull a heavy weight. If more traction is desired, install the included wheel tires. Apply the science of kinetic and potential energy, simple machines and friction as you design, construct and even reengineer the ultimate mousetrap vehicle. For ages 9 and up.
- Utilize design and engineering process
- Encourage creativity, critical thinking and problem solving
- Learn about kinetic and potential energy
- Apply the scientific method
- Innovate (design, build and evolve your own unique vehicle)
- Design the mousetrap car in CAD
- Create a mousetrap car that will go the longest distance
- Create a mousetrap car to drag race other mousetrap cars
- Create a mousetrap car to pull an object the greatest distance
- Create a mousetrap car that will stop as close to a given distance (marker) as possible
- Create a mousetrap car with a prototype shell (cut, printed, glued posterboard)
Includes 10 mousetraps, 40 connector strips, 20 tires, 40 wood screws, slide-stop material, 60 perpendicular blocks, 40 wheels, 40 dowels, 20 stop clips and 40 cable ties.
Tools required, sold separately (multi-cutter, reamer, stubby #2 screwdriver).