TeacherGeek Catch the Bug Electronics Activity, 10 Kits
TeacherGeekSKU: M892002 1822-87
- M892002 1822-87
- Product Type:
- Activity Kits
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Are you ready to "Catch the Bug"? The bug is a truly fantastic and meaningful electronics learning activity. Finished bugs run around the floor with their own personality. They roam and explore by bumping into objects and finding new paths around the room.
Bugs teach basic electronics through a physical interactive experience; an experience that yields deep and long lasting understanding. Electrical concepts have never made so much sense, or been so much fun.
Bugs have inspired countless students to pursue STEM careers. They have been found to drastically increase interest and enrollment in STEM courses, especially for girls. For ages 9 and up.
The Bug Activity...
- makes electrical concepts interesting and understandable
- appeals to a multitude of abilities, ages and knowledge levels
- allows students to work at their own level and pace
- challenges students to gain a higher level of understanding
- provides additional challenges for advanced students
- provides structure and support for students with limited understanding
- challenges and engages students like no other electronics project
- teaches electrical concepts using exciting physical feedback
- allows students to take ownership in the learning process, and take home the finished bug
- Electrical Circuits
- Schematic Diagrams
- Soldering Techniques
Includes 10 bug bodies, 20 bug motors, 20 bug switches, feeler tubbing, bug tires, 20 feeler wires, forty 5/8" screws, 10 spade connector, 10 battery holders, 10 colored bug wires and twenty 1/4" screws.
Requires 2 AA batteries (per bug), sold separately.
Tools required, sold separately (#1 Phillips screwdriver, soldering iron, lead-free solder, strip heater, digital mulitmeter, 2.7 ohm resistor and alligator clips).