K'NEX Education STEM Explorations Roller Coaster Building SetSKU: M498748 77078
- M498748 77078
- Product Type:
- Activity Kits
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Your students can explore STEM concepts while building a working roller coaster with K'NEX Education STEM Explorations Roller Coaster Building Set! The set will engage and energize middle-school children as they boost their understanding of the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) concepts associated with a real-life amusement park ride.
This K'NEX Education Set includes over 500 parts, plus a battery-powered motor, allowing a single child or a team of two to three children to build a working roller coaster. Two additional models are also included in this set - a ramp and a half-pipe -which can be built one at a time. The set requires two AA batteries, which are sold separately.
K'NEX Education models offer proactive opportunities for children to develop scientific inquiry, investigation, and experimentation skills. The inquiry-based lessons challenge aspiring students as they build, investigate, problem-solve, discuss, and evaluate scientific and design principles in action. All K'NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today's busy classroom.
K'NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of real-world machines and other models, and through the lesson plans and experiments, to gain a concrete understanding of the principles that make them work. Broaden your kids' STEAMagination with K'NEX Education STEM Explorations.
- 500+ parts plus a battery-powered motor to build a real, working replica of a roller coaster and 2 additional models
- Includes 3 after-build experiments that teach your child about STEM concepts like speed, time, distance, interpreting data and more
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step building instructions included
- Building with K'NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects
- K'NEX Education sets come with lesson plans and experiment guides written by educators that feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects
- All teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core
- K'NEX Education sets let students build replicas of real-world machines to gain an understanding of the principles that make them work
For ages 8+. For 1-2 students working as a team.
Includes 546 K'NEX pieces and motor.
Requires 2 AA batteries, sold separately.