K'NEX Discover ControlSKU: M498734 79014
- M498734 79014
- Products subject to availability, while quantities last.
- Product Type:
- Activity Kits
- On Sale
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Learn the basics of coding with the K'NEX Education Discover Control Set! This engineering education toy consists of 353 K'NEX pieces made of durable plastic. These include rods and connectors that can be attached to one another in different ways to build five motorized models, one at a time. It also includes motors, LEDs, a buzzer, a control box, and licensed software to make each replica come to life.
Build your very own gateway, swing ride, or mini train, and be amazed at how they move when you press the buttons on the control box. Studies reveal that students have more success learning STEM subjects through activities related to the real world than through reading about abstract concepts in textbooks.
K'NEX Education allows your kids to enjoy hands-on learning. This building set is designed to introduce students to linear computer programming as they create models that they can actually operate. With this fun and inquiry-based approach to concepts, students of grades one to three can build, investigate, and evaluate scientific principles in action. K'NEX Education enhances the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) concepts with a child's natural curiosity and creativity.
Each set comes with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are aligned to the National Educational Standards, including the ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS, and Common Core, and are written by expert educators to feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today's busy classroom. Enjoy a quick and hassle-free cleanup after playtime. This building set comes with a handy reusable bin for convenient transport and storage. This teaches builders to keep their playing areas tidy and organized at all times. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- 353 K'NEX rods and connectors, plus motors, LEDs, a buzzer, a control box and licensed software to make each model come to life
- Enough parts to build 5 models, one at a time, appropriate for elementary students in grades 1 through 3
- STEM Concepts: engineering design process, introduction to writing computer programs, systems & organization, troubleshooting and more
- The software allows students to write computer programs in easy to understand steps using a model and responsive electronic devices
- Building with K'NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects
- K'NEX Education sets come with lesson plans and experiment guides written by educators that feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects
- All teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core
- K'NEX Education sets let students build replicas of real-world machines to gain an understanding of the principles that make them work
For grades 1-3.
Includes 353 K'NEX rods and connectors, plus motors, LEDs, a buzzer, a control box, licensed software, building instructions and storage tub with snap-on lid.
Not recommended for children under 8 years of age. As with all electric products, precautions should be observed during handling and use to prevent electric shock.