The Pixel Kit is a digital light board with 128 dazzling pixels that makers of all ages can make and code. It works with any Windows, Mac, Linux or Kano Computer Kit, and does not require any previous Kano product in order to function.
The experience begins by physically building the Pixel Kit and assembling the parts together, thanks to an illustrated storybook, assembling the parts together. Then, bring the Pixel Kit to life with step-by-step challenges: Turn on the lights, make them change color -- all with simple code. The Pixel Kit comes with over 40 creative projects, suitable for beginners of all ages. Draw and animate your own characters, visualize the weather or sports scores, create a customized news ticker, and paint with light using 16 million colors.
The software experience is driven by the Kano App, which includes Kano Code. This visual coding tool allows control of the device and provides all the controls to make the lights dance. The Kano App also connects to Kano’s online community, Kano World, where anyone can share and view other creations, see what others are making, and remix other creations from the community into a new project.
Pixel Kit for all ages, parental help may be needed for ages 6 to 8, no technical knowledge required.
- Learn to code Step-by-step challenges show you how. Connect blocks, light it up live, see the effects instantly side-by-side. Simple for beginners, expansive for experts.
- Build your own games Start simple. Level up slowly. Create characters, make them run and jump. Spaceships swerve. Balls bounce. Add logic and scoreboards. Remix games by friends.
- Paint with light, make animations Draw your own colorful pictures and pixel art. Make animations frame-by-frame. It's simple and instant! Play with 16 million colors. What will you make?
- Bring sound to life With the inbuilt microphone make lights dance to music, bounce to beats or speak when you speak.
Board - Dual Core 240MHz
Battery - 1,550 mAh Lithium
Connectivity - 3 USB Ports, 802.11g Wireless LAN, Bluetooth, Micro-USB Port
Control - 1 Joystick, 2 Buttons
Storage - 16MByte Flash, 520kb SRAM
16x8 LED Grid - 128 RGB LEDs
Microphone - MEMS Technology Omnidirectional
WiFi or USB connection
Kano OS, OS X, or Windows 7 and above
Minimum System Requirements
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 64-bit (x64) processor
2 GB ram
macOS 10.9 or later
Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor (64 bit intel processor)
2 GB ram
Kano Computer Kit
Kano OS 3.11
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Pixel Brain - 128 RGB LEDs, Wireless
- 3 USB Ports - For Kano Sensors
- Mode Dial - Built-in games and your apps
- Buttons - To bash and play
- Joystick - Up, down, left, right, click
- Battery - 3 hours of play
- Power Cable - For charging your kit
- Lanyard - Carry it around
- Stickers - For customizing your kit
- Storybook - Step-by-step guide
- Filter - Soften lights for different effects
- Custom Case - Protect your lights