Edison Robot V2.0
Edison SKU: M512510 EDIBOT-1
- M512510 EDIBOT-1
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Edison is a programmable robot designed to be a complete STEM teaching resource for coding and robotics education for students from 4 to 16 years of age. Children as young as four years old can begin to explore the STEM education topics of coding and robotics using Edison’s pre-set programs and remote-control operation capabilities. Older students can learn the fundamentals of coding as they progress from drag-and-drop icon-based programming all the way through to coding in a vertical text-based language.
The Edison robot is a powerful, engaging tool for teaching kids computational thinking and computer programming in a hands-on way. With more built-in sensors than any robot in its class as well as lights, sounds and autonomous behavior capabilities, Edison makes true robotics education accessible to students of all ages.
Not just a remote-controlled robot, Edison can:
- Respond to light and sound
- Follow lines and avoid obstacles
- Communicate with other Edison robots
- Connect to other Edison robots and LEGO bricks
- And so much more!
Edison’s robotics capabilities can be unlocked with ease through simple barcode programs. Students can then progress their robotics, coding and STEM education journeys using Edison with three progressive programming languages.
- EdBlocks is a fully icon-based robot programming language that is super easy to use. A drag-and-drop block-based system, EdBlocks is intuitive and fun, even for younger users. Perfect for introducing anyone to programming, Ideal for students aged 8 to 12.
- EdWare – graphic robot programming software for the Edison Robot, using drag and drop graphical icons making programming fun and easy to learn! Available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOs (iPad), Android and Chrome
- EdPy – the easy to learn, high readability and very popular Python programming language. EdPy teaches a real life programming language and makes text based programming fun and easy!
Edison can also be used to build and invent as the programmable base for an incredible range of engineering and STEM projects thanks to Edison’s expandable robotics system which works with the EdCreate construction kit (not included) and any other LEGO brick compatible building system (not included).
Sensors and inputs
Obstacle detection: Infrared using 2 IR LEDs (top front left and right) and IR receiver module (doubles as the IR data comms and remote-control receiver)
Remote control: IR receiver module (which operates at 38kHz) allows Edison to learn IR codes from most standard TV/DVD remote controls
Infrared data comms: IR receiver module (double as obstacle detection sensor and IR remote receiver)
Line tracker: Red LED and phototransistor (doubles as barcode reader and programming port)
Light sensors: 2 phototransistors (top front left and right)
Sound sensor: Piezo transducer (doubles as sounder)
Drive: Differential two-wheel drive system with wheel encoders (Edison V2.0 models)
Infrared data comms: 2 infrared (IR) LEDs (double as obstacle detection sensor)
Sound: Piezo buzzer (doubles as sound sensor)
Lights: 2 red LEDs (Front left and right)
Freescale 8-bit MC9S08PA16VLC
Battery: 4 x AAA Alkaline or Ni-MH Batteries not included, sold separately.
- View in our Catalog View Catalog