Cyclone Glass Beads, Coarse 40-60 GritSKU: M316630 5009
- M316630 5009
- Ships direct from manufacturer. Lead times may vary.
- Quartz, Rutile (TiO2), Radionuclides
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Glass bead media is an all-purpose media used for honing, polishing, peening, blending, finishing, removing light burrs, frosting glass and cleaning most light foreign matter. Additionally, glass beads blasting can remove paint, rust, scale and surface residues. As a result, glass bead material generally will not change dimensional tolerances and can detect weld and solder flaws.
Glass beads are typically consumed at a slow rate in bead blasting equipment. Additionally, they also survive multiple impacts, and thus can be recycled several times. Glass beads, made of recycled glass. Therefore, they are chemically inert. Thus the leave no ferrous or other undesirable residue on the prepared surface. When used properly, glass beads leave a controlled and clean finish on the prepared surface.
- Coarse Beads First, larger beads remove larger and/or tougher materials from the surface. Next, larger beads produce a more intense peening effect and peen deeper into the material surface. Finally, coarse glass beads are consumed faster at the same pressure as fine glass beads.
- Fine Beads In contrast to course beads, finer beads remove smaller materials from the surface. Therefore, fine beads tend to clean faster and produce a less intense peening effect and peen less deep into the material surface. Next, finer glass beads are more capable of reaching into smaller spaces on the material being prepared. As a result, finer glass beads can produce a matte finish, when properly used. Finally, fine beads also consumed slower at the same pressure as coarse beads.
- All Bead Sizes For all sizes of glass beads: bead size, angle of the blast nozzle, shape of the workpiece, distance from the workpiece, air pressure all dramatically affect the ultimate surface preparation and media consumption. Additionally, direct vs. siphon feed bead blasting equipment also affect how glass beads usage and consumption.
Grit: Coarse, 40-60
Size: 50 lbs.