Product Descriptions and Pricing
General Warranty Policies
Claims and Returns
Limitations on Liability
Enforcement of Terms
Modification of Terms
Place your order securely at www.midwesttechnology.com. You will receive email confirmation of your order once you have finalized it. Our Customer Service Department will process your order as quickly as possible.
To speak with a friendly, knowledgeable customer service representative, call us toll-free at (800) 831-5904 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School customers must register before placing their first on-line order to view our entire product line.
- We will accept school purchase orders on Open Account. Our terms are Net 30 days from your date of invoice, unless otherwise specified. We require a valid, school purchase order number and a verifiable school ship-to address.
- We also accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover Card.
- No C.O.D. orders will be accepted.
- Past due accounts are subject to 1.5% per month service charge.
- Personal orders are welcome. All personal orders must be prepaid by MasterCard, Visa, or Discover Card.
- Due to special pricing available exclusively to school customers, some items may not be available to non-school customers at the prices listed. Every effort will be made to sell such item(s) at the lowest available price to our non-school customers. Each non-school customer will be notified in advance for approval of any price changes. At the time of notification, the order may be cancelled at the customer’s option without penalty.
Midwest Technology Products uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology on all Internet orders. This process protects and encrypts your personal information before it travels over the Internet. Information such as your name, address and credit card number is protected while being transferred over phone lines using SSL. By using industry standard technology for on-line transactions, placing an order on-line with Midwest Technology Products is extremely safe.
In addition, consumer protection laws guard you against the unauthorized use of your credit card. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges billed to your account.
- Pricing and product availability are subject to change without notice.
- Midwest Technology Products is not responsible for typographical or other errors or omissions regarding pricing or product descriptions.
- Graphics in our catalog and on our Web site are for illustrative purposes only. Actual items may vary in appearance from the graphics shown.
Midwest Technology Products will pass on to its customers each manufacturer’s standard limited warranty, if any.
Warranty return value will be based on the terms of the manufacturer warranty. In some cases, it will be prorated based on the length of use and will be less than original purchase price. Return value will be credited to the credit card used to make the original purchase or to your school account.
Warranties listed herein only apply to the original purchaser for private, non-commercial use or school use.
Warranties are limited to the retail price paid for the product. NEITHER WARRANTOR NOR MANUFACTURER SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT AND SPECIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. This warranty does not cover miscellaneous expenses for removal, installation, service, or down time, nor does it cover material, labor, or additional parts required for replacement or repair of damages caused by abuse (including fire), misuse, neglect, or failure to follow manufacture’s operating and /or installation instructions.
If a product you purchased through Midwest Technology Products fails during the warranty period, you may receive an adjustment by returning the product to Midwest Technology Products. To receive the adjustment, all terms of the warranty must be met.
- A shipping, handling and insurance charge of no more than 10% of total merchandise value under $1,500.00 will be added to all orders shipped within the 48 contiguous United States subject to a minimum charge of $15.00. We offer free shipping on all orders over $1,500.00.
- Actual transportation charges are prepaid and added to the invoice of all orders that ship outside of the 48 contiguous United States. These transportation charges will be added to all orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii. Attention: Hazardous Materials, as defined by Federal Regulations, will not be shipped outside the 48 contiguous United States.
- Orders will be shipped, primarily, via UPS except as follows: model rockets and hazardous safety products are sent by parcel post shipments or common carrier. Furniture, machinery and large quantities of supplies are shipped on common carrier truck lines (tailgate delivery).
- Inside delivery assistance is available upon request and will be invoiced at rates in effect at time of delivery.
- UPS Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air service is available upon request. Actual charges will be prepaid and added to the invoice of all orders.
- Installation provided upon request. Call us at (800) 831-5904 or email us at email@example.com for firm quotations.
Packaging exceeds minimum carrier standards. It is your responsibility to check the shipment carefully before signing the delivery receipts and truck bills of lading. Count the cartons and examine for damage. If there is a shortage or damage, note this on the freight bill before signing. If you find damage after you open the carton, immediately report this to the freight company and request a freight claim inspection. Also, notify our Sales/Customer Service Staff. Freight carriers must be notified of concealed damage within 10 days for them to accept any responsibility. Remember your responsibility begins and the freight company's responsibility ends when you sign for and accept the shipment.
- Products in our Web catalog may be on backorder at the time you place your order.
- Unless you specify otherwise, all products that we generally stock will be shipped only when the entire order, including those products that must be backordered, can be shipped together. All “directs” which consist of those products which are shipped directly from the manufacturer will routinely be shipped separately and may arrive at a different time than any “stock” products included in your order.
- If any products ordered have been discontinued by the manufacturer, you will be notified via email or telephone before your order is processed. At the time of notification, you may modify or cancel your order without penalty.
- Your order is filled, checked, and then packed with the utmost care.
- At the time of delivery, verify that the number of cartons shipped equals what you received. Check for damage. If a box is dented or damaged in any way, have the driver make a note of it on your delivery receipt. Then contact our customer service department immediately. Trucking companies have a 10-day claim period. If a claim is not made within that period, they will not honor it.
- To return products that were shipped as ordered, you must, at a minimum, pay return freight or postage, PLUS a 15% restocking and handling fee subject to a minimum of $20.00. All orders are subject to the manufacturer’s applicable return policy. Some manufacturers will not accept returns for products shipped as ordered.
- Return authorization from our Customer Service Department is required for ALL returns. To receive a Return Authorization Number (RA), please call (800) 831-5904. The outside of your package must be clearly marked with the RA number or it will be refused.
- Returns must be in the original packaging and in 100% saleable condition (damages and defects excluded).
- Special order and non-catalog items are non-cancelable and non-returnable.
- Software, DVDs and video tapes cannot be returned.
YOUR USE AND BROWSING OF THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. MIDWEST TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT OR THAT THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR. PRICE AND AVAILABILITY INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. WE DO NOT ENDORSE, NOR TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE CONTENT OF THE SITES TO WHICH THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY .COM WEB SITE IS LINKED - SUCH LINKS ARE PROVIDED FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE IS APPLICABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR USE IN LOCATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. WE ALSO ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY .COM WEB SITE, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MIDWEST TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS OR MIDWEST SHOP SUPPLIES, INC., OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, VENDORS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER IN AN ACTION BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF SUCH PARTY, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE, OR WITH THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE LIABILITY OF MIDWEST TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) TO ANY INDIVIDUAL CLAIMANT.
BY ACCESSING AND USING THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE IS SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS, AS WELL AS ALL APPLICABLE LAWS OF THE STATE OF IOWA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
MIDWEST TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO MODIFY OR UPDATE THESE TERMS AND, BY ACCESSING AND USING THE MIDWESTTECHNOLOGY.COM WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ANY SUCH MODIFICATIONS OR UPDATES. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD PERIODICALLY VISIT THESE PAGES TO REVIEW THE CURRENT TERMS TO WHICH YOU ARE BOUND.