Due to special pricing available exclusively to our school customers, this item is not available for purchase to our non-school customers.
For other product options, please call us at (800) 831-5904 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Kit with complete curriculum for 20 students. This complete course curriculum is refined from the Briggs & Stratton Authorized Field Service School, a widely acclaimed small engine training program in the industry. Developed from years of training experience and built around a textbook written by the Briggs & Stratton Customer Education Department assures a thorough, in-depth study of Briggs & Stratton engines.
Included with the purchase of this kit is attendance to a 3 or 4 day Vo-Ed Training Course. Once trained with curriculum in place, the instructor will be able t provide a comprehensive and accurate small gasoline engine program for the students.
New instructors will benefit from having a complete day-to-day lesson plan. For more advanced classes it is relatively simple to construct a custom made program based on the textbook table of contents or experiences at the instructor training session. It is beneficial for instructors to have some air-cooled engine or automotive/motorcycle/marine engine experience before attending advanced courses. Specifically built for use in your classroom and lab. They are designed with an unparalleled level of educational material, aimed at reducing time spent writing curriculum, creating presentations and lab sheets.
Benefits of using Briggs & Stratton® Training Kits include:
• Materials that are developed w/instructor & student in mind – our materials make complex issues easier to teach
• Daily lesson plans will span through the semester. These were created by working w/veteran teachers w/years of industry experience
• Ready to use step-by-step tear down & assembly scripted lab procedures
• PowerPoint presentation that follows the textbook
• Engaging video and animations that help clarify difficult concepts & will excite students’ interest
• Provided tool list takes the guesswork out & reduces operating cost
• Over 100 years of experience from the subject-matter experts who literally wrote the book(s) on small engines
Keep current w/industry & government standards curriculum relevancy becomes increasingly important as programs are being squeezed by inflation & budget cuts. Offering a program in small engines will help reinforce the core educational competencies, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) as they are applied in the real world.
Some examples include:
• Science: How gasoline changes from a liquid to a vapor
• Science: Electricity, electron flow, voltage, resistance, AC & DC current, electromagnetism
• Chemistry: How gasoline provides heat energy
• Physics: Linear and rotary motion
• Physics: Torque as a measurement of force
• Mathematics: How to measure materials to within .001 inch
• Mathematics: Calculating displacement and compression ratios
• Reading: How to use repair manuals
• Technology: Online learning parts look-up (ThePowerPortal.com)
Included in this package is a DVD containing video and PowerPoint presentations, and outlines for the instructor to develop competence.
The combination of textbooks, student workbooks, repair manuals and audio/visual training aids allows tremendous flexibility in how to teach various subjects. The extensively illustrated textbook is the “why”, the repair manuals the “how” and the workbooks containing the student labs are the “reinforcement.”
Engines Now equipped with metric fasteners.
10 ea. OHV Engine 130G32-0022-F1
Support Parts Parts are considered “consumable” and will need to be replenished on a regular basis.
10 ea. Engine Gasket Set 594951
30 ea. Crankcase Cover Gasket 590608
30 ea. Head Gasket 591445
4 ea. Ring Set 592957
20 ea. Flywheel Key 797286
20 ea. Model 13 OHV 381573EN
20 ea. Small Engines Textbook CE8020
20 ea. Small Engines Workbook CE8021
1 ea. Answer Key Small Engines Workbook Answer Key CE8022
1 ea. Basic Engine Systems CD CE3017
1 ea. Fuel Delivery Systems CD CE3056
1 ea. OHV 950 Series™ Engine Instructor’s Reference DVD with Lesson Plans & Lab Procedures CE3137
1 ea. 4-Cycle Theory DVD CE3070
1 ea. Theories of Operation I DVD CE3013
1 ea. Theories of Operation II DVD CE3029
12 ea. Ruler/Air Gap Gauge CE5121
2 ea. Ring Expander 19340
2 ea. Torque Wrench 19393
2 ea. Multimeter 19602
2 ea. DC Amp Shunt 19468
5 ea. Alcohol Tester 795161
5 ea. Basic Tool Kit 19300
1 ea. Instructor Course