Root Robotics iRobot Root Coding RobotSKU: M769700 RT001
- M769700 RT001
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
A robot that does incredible things. It Draws, Erases, Scans, Detects, Bumps, Sees, Hears, Feels, Moves, Glows, Climbs, and Plays. Content that inspires. The Root® Coding App is packed with lessons, projects and activities to begin your hands-on problem solving with Root right out of the box. From pre-readers to hackers. Root grows with your child by seamlessly switching the coding interface from graphical blocks for non-readers to full text for advanced coders.
What can Root do?
- Makes a mark. Root draws by lifting and dropping any marker or pen. Just add code and Root brings your creativity to life.
- All the feels. Root sees light, hears sound, senses drop-offs, feels a bump and detects your touch.
- Expresses itself. Through drawing, music and movement, Root brings coding into the physical world, so it isn’t just a concept, it’s a reality.
- The Root Coding App. Through guided lessons and projects, children and adults alike can learn the fundamentals of coding and explore more advanced concepts as their skill increases.
- Games & Challenges. Built-in games, art projects and logic challenges pack hours of fun for any interest.
- Intuitive coding interface. Root is the only coding companion that grows with your child by seamlessly switching the coding interface from graphical blocks for non-readers to full text for advanced coders.
- Root climbs whiteboards. Don’t let gravity get in the way. Whether demonstrating a concept in the front of a classroom or playing on the family message center, Root turns coding on its side.
- Root® Academy. For advanced users and educators, additional premium content is available with a subscription including activities modeled after CSTA standards, printable worksheets and exclusive access to Beta projects.
Supports: 2-4 students
Battery: 2600 mAh Li-Ion Rechargeable
Wireless: Bluetooth Low Energy (30+ m range)
32 Color sensors
4 Capacitive touch zones
2 Front bumpers
2 Light-sensing eyes
2 Wheel encoders
1 Nose/Power button
1 3D Gyroscope
1 3D Accelerometer
1 IR cliff sensor
1 Magnetic surface sensor
1 Battery level monitor
2 Drive motors
18 Multicolor LEDs
1 Piezo speaker
1 Marker lift & drop
1 Eraser lift & drop
USB Type-C port for charging & accessories (cable included)
iRobot® Coding platform available at code.irobot.com
The robot updates over a Bluetooth connection
Compatible Operating Systems
The Root® rt0 Coding Robot is compatible with devices running most major, up-to-date operating systems, including Android, Chrome OS, Windows, iOS, and macOS. Users may access the iRobot® Coding platform at code.irobot.com and control the robot using a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) compatible device and supported browser, such as Chrome or Edge.
1 Root Robot
1 Reusable foldout whiteboard
4 Vinyl cling sheets
1 USB charging cable
2 Dry erase markers
1 Dry erase cloth
Root Coding app download (available on App Store)