GiggleBot Robot Starter Kit with Micro:Bit
GiggleBot SKU: M336009 DT-BN-GBSTARTER-1
- M336009 DT-BN-GBSTARTER-1
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
This is the GiggleBot, the BBC Micro:Bit Robot. Just add the BBC Micro:Bit to the Robot and you can begin programming using MakeCode.
A solid robot body that's able to survive in a classroom. The robot is shaped organically so you can turn it into a butterfly, cricket, or whatever you like. There's room on the body for kids to build on, so they can use the robot in whatever school project they have. To help with the build, there are holes on the body you can fit LEGO components to! Two Grove expansion ports for I2C sensors, and we keep the 0/1/2 pins open. Supports more sensors: distance sensor, a light/color sensor, and a temperature/humidity sensor.
- Works with a PC, Mac, and Chromebook
- The micro:bit is mounted vertically for ease of insertion/removal (also easy access to the reset button)
- 9 color LEDs, 7 are in a rainbow shape, and 2 are used for the robot "eyes"
- A line sensor to follow lines on the floor
- A pen-hole right between the wheels that supports drawing with the robot
- Two light sensors are in front on each side so the robot can play "follow the light"
- Servo mounts on the side so you can attach two servos. You can control wings, flippers or a head and tail after your robot becomes an animal
- Runs on 3 x AA batteries
- Comes pre-assembled. You add the wheels and the Micro:Bit!
Includes GiggleBot Robot, micro:bit, USB Cable, batteries and battery case.
- View in our Catalog View Catalog