Dexter GoPiGo3 Robot Base Kit
DEXTER SKU: M336002 GOPIGO3-BASE
- M336002 GOPIGO3-BASE
- Product Type:
- On Sale
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Products subject to availability, while quantities last.
The GoPiGo is a complete kit to build your own robot car. GoPiGo works at the level you're at — whether you are a parent looking for a smart, fun weekend project to do with your kid, a teacher looking for a way to increase engagement in your science course, or a grad student in need of a platform for your robotics research that requires mobility.
The GoPiGo3 Base Kit is perfect if you already have a Raspberry Pi and want to get it moving. It includes the GoPiGo3 board, chassis, wheels, motors, encoders, and power battery pack.
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch). There’s no software to download or install on your device.
What's not included? Suggested components required to make it a mobile robot (NOT INCLUDED):
- Raspberry Pi (GoPiGo is compatible with all version of the Raspberry Pi): This board is the main brains of the robot that will connect to the GoPiGo board.
- mini Wi-Fi Dongle: Can be plugged in to the Raspberry Pi so you can unplug the ethernet cord and make it function as a remote control, mobile car.
- microSD Card: Required "hard drive" for the Raspberry Pi
- Ethernet Cable: Required for plugging in to your computer to program the GoPiGo.
- USB Drive: 8GB drive recommended for users of DexterOS for easy software updates and storing photos and files.
- Power Supply: Wall plug to power your Raspberry Pi while you are programming it, rather than using the batteries.
What else do I need to know?
Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
Lego Technic bricks: GoPiGo is compatible with Lego Technic parts, but we don’t sell them.
Tech: Raspberry Pi
Languages: Bloxter, Python
Includes GoPiGo3 board (red board), chassis (frame, wheels, hardware), motors, encoders, screwdriver, power battery pack and cable.
Requires 8 AA batteries, sold separately.
- View in our Catalog View Catalog