Products subject to availability, while quantities last.
The Hummingbird Robotics Kit allows students to create and program robots, kinetic sculptures and animatronics, built out of a combination of electronic components and crafting materials. A product of the Carnegie Mellon University CREATE Lab, Hummingbird is designed to inspire and enable creative engineering, robotics, and making activities for ages 13 and up (8 with adult supervision).
Combined with very easy-to-use software environments like Scratch, Snap!, the CREATE Lab Visual Programmer, and Ardublock, Hummingbird provides a great way to introduce kids to robotics and engineering with construction materials that they are already familiar with. At the same time, Hummingbird continues to provide new challenges by allowing programming in the Arduino environment, Python, Java, and Processing, and by supporting Raspberry Pi.
The Hummingbird Duo Premium kit has everything you need to build a robot, just add craft materials!
- Hummingbird Duo controller
- Power supply, USB cable, terminal tool, snap-in stand-offs
- 4 single-color LEDs (red, orange, yellow, green)
- 2 tri-color LEDs
- 4 hobby servos and 2 servo extension cable
- 2 gear motors with wheels and plastic block adapters
- 2 vibration motors
- 1 each of light, temperature, distance, sound and rotary sensors