This product has been discontinued. Midwest can source a wide range of items not listed on our web site or in our catalog. Please call customer service for details at (800) 831-5904.
Integrate 3D printing to STEM curriculum with ready-to-learn kits. A collection of fun, inspiring, and educational STEM-based learning kits, specially developed to be used in conjunction with 3D Printing.
The Mini Boom Box STEM for students 8 and older comes with a student workbook, battery pack, parts and STL design template files.
Students can design, print, assemble and construct with the easy-to-understand step by step workbook. The detailed teaching and activity booklets support the learning process for students, making the design process easy to understand and follow. In this project students will design, print and build their very own Mini Boom Box by putting their maths and dimensional measurement skills into action!
Turn up the music! In this project students will design, print and then build their very own Mini Boom Box (mini speaker)! Students can then connect the speaker to their phone, MP3 player or other portable device that can play music. This is a great STEM project for teachers to do further teaching on topics such as sound and sound waves, amplifiers and speakers, circuit diagrams and electronics!
Example STEM class lessons include:
- Sound and sound waves
- Magnetic speakers - how they work
- Amplifiers - how they work
- Electrical circuits and circuit diagrams
- Electricity - Voltage, current, resistance etc.
- Other electronic components such as batteries, switches and PCB's
Qty: 1 Kit
- Mini Boom Box electronics kit
- Student workbook
- Base STL file (students build their design upon the base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
Requires 3 AA batteries, sold separately.
Shown with phone and cord, not included.