This product has been discontinued. Midwest can source a wide range of items not listed on our web site or in our catalog. Please call customer service for details at (800) 831-5904.
Integrate 3D printing to STEM curriculum with ready-to-learn kits. A collection of fun, inspiring, and educational STEM-based learning kits, specially developed to be used in conjunction with 3D Printing.
The Derby Dash STEM for students 8 and older comes with a student workbook, battery pack, motor, parts and STL design template files.
Students can design, print, assemble and construct with the easy-to-understand step by step workbook. The detailed teaching and activity booklets support the learning process for students, making the design process easy to understand and follow. In this project, students will design, print and then build their very own Derby Dash! This is a great STEM project for teachers to further teaching on topics such as electric motors, gears, kinematics and basic principles of physics, such as the conservation of energy.
Example STEM class lessons include:
- Electric motors - how they work etc.
- Gears - different types of gears and the relationship between them
- Pulleys and belts - applications where they are used
- Mathematics - velocity and relative velocity, distance/time etc.
- Physics - basic principles such as conservation of energy, forces etc.
- Vehicle safety - importance of seatbelts etc.
Qty. 1 Kit
- Electric toy car kit
- Student workbook
- Base STL file (students build their design upon the base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
Requires 3 AA batteries, sold separately.