Transform the way you work with the best-in-class Sense 3D scanner. Fast, easy, portable and practical, the Sense offers full-color 3D scanning for use in your home, school and business.
Make Sense of 3D
Transform the way you work with the best-in-class Sense 2 3D Scanner. Fast, easy, portable and practical, the Sense offers full-color 3D scanning for use in your business or academic institution.. The Sense 2 is a handheld, short range 3D Scanner with full HD color that captures and processes data in real time, generating a complete polygon mesh. speeding up the data acquisition process by over 60%. Using HD color cameras and a highly-sensitive infrared projector, the Sense 2’s 3D scanning technology allows a closer scan range and higher resolution than previous devices.
Streamline design processes with 3D scan data
Kick off faster and improved concept designs by incorporating rapid Sense scans of physical products into your design and CAD software. Choose from 4 key 3D file formats to save, communicate and use your scan data downstream.
Build 3D archives, product visualizations and communicate your products with Sense
Rapidly archive and preserve artifacts, products and items as color 3D data and scan objects to begin design for 3D gaming applications. Market your products by using 3D scan data in online catalogs and visualizations for marketing. Post 3D scans to share with your peers or customers directly from the Sense software at SketchFab and Facebook.
Streamline production processes
Easily create, design and 3D print jigs and fixtures using scan data to assist with production and machining processes. Enhance the value of 3D assembly manuals by including rapid and accurate 3D scan data from the shop floor.
Create your custom product lines with 3D scans
Incorporate Sense scans to enable rapid product designs for custom-fit sporting goods, packaging and more by using customers’ unique scan data in your design software.
Scan on the Go
The Sense 3D scanner is light, highly portable and small enough to fit in your laptop bag so you can scan data wherever you are and bring it back to the office to complete and enhance your designs. Bring it home and make your hobbies more satisfying by including 3D scanning for your woodwork projects, jewelry and more. Miniaturize objects that you scan at full size for your custom RC cars and planes ready for 3D printing. Scan your family at memorable moments to be 3D printed in color.
- Enter the 3D Digital Workspace Sense connects the digital and physical worlds like never before, giving you immediate access to scans of physical objects in the digital space, with accompanying software to create a 'watertight' 3D model. 3D Systems Geomagic also delivers other more advanced scan processing and design software and we invite you to check out Geomagic Sculpt, Geomagic Wrap and Geomagic Design for your 3D engineering needs.
- Powered by Intel RealSense The Sense 2 is the first USB-powered handheld scanner to use the very latest short-range scanning technology from Intel, the RealSense SR300 3D camera. Using HD color cameras and a highly-sensitive infrared projector, the RealSense technology allows a closer scan range and higher resolution than previous generation devices.
- Runs on Windows 8 and 10 The Sense Scanner supports Windows 8 and 10 for intuitive, ease-of-use, and seemless integration with other Geomagic products.
- Practical and User Friendly The Sense scanner is lightweight and easy to maneuver making your scanning process simple and streamlined.
- Expansive Scan Volume With a generous scan volume, Sense makes scanning objects easy and efficient regardless of size.
- Unique Scan-Processing Software Sense integrates with the industry-leading Geomagic scan-to-3D software tools
Maximum power consumption: 5.0 VDC
Scan volume min: 0.2 m x 0.2 m x 0.2 m
Scan volume max: 2 m x 2 m x 2 m
Dimensions: 5.08"W x 7.08"H x 1.3"D (17.8 x 12.9 x 3.3 cm)
Operating range: Min 0.4 m Max: 1.6 m
Field of view: Horizontal: 45°, Vertical: 57.5°, Diagonal: 69°
Depth image size: 640 px (w) x 480 px (h)
Spatial x/y resolution @ 0.5 m: 0.9 mm
Depth resolution @ 0.5 m: 1 mm
Operating temperature: 10 - 40 °C
Data interface: USB 3.0
USB cable length: 2 m
Maximal image throughput: 30 fps
Color image size: 1920 px (w) x 1080 px (h)
Supported operating systems Windows 8® (64-bit) and Windows 10® (64-bit)
Intel Core i5 5th Gen or better 2 GHz or faster
RAM 4 GB minimum
Available hard disk space 2 GB
Screen resolution 1280 x 1024 minimum